This is the story of my quest to train my three Dales Ponies for classical dressage, primarily by using Alexandra Kurland's clicker training methods, with a touch of others such as Philippe Karl and Anja Beran thrown in. I turned to clicker training because I had come up against some issues that I didn't know how to fix and because I wanted to inspire them to become enthusiatic partners. Bella and Jack are all my own work and have never been ridden by anyone else.


Bella, Grace and Jack

Bella aged 6

Bella aged 6

Treat Delivery

Jack aged 7

Jack

Monday 10 November 2008

I wanted to copy my part of a conversation I had with Appy2quarter in her blog, onto mine, as my testimony to 'Riding with the Clicker' (as Appy2quarter's blog is in the private section);

"It is so exciting, isn't it, the speed of progress with this balance work, and the difference it makes to everything about their carriage? The way you can just lift the leadrope and they will glide over sideways, looking like dressage superstars - even just in a headcollar!

Trouble is, how do we make ourselves look good enough to be riding them?

I didn't think my horses could look like that; well, not without 10 years of expert dressage training anyway, and it's almost happened overnight. I don't know how I could ever thank Alexandra Kurland enough; so much progress in so little time, with so little physical effort on my part and SO much fun and satisfaction, for me and for them, every step of the way!!!!"

If she isn't a genius, I don't know who is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a clicker training addict and there is no cure - thank goodness!!!