This is the story of my quest to train my three Dales Ponies for classical dressage, primarily by using Alexandra Kurland's clicker training methods, with a touch of others such as Philippe Karl and Anja Beran thrown in. I turned to clicker training because I had come up against some issues that I didn't know how to fix and because I wanted to inspire them to become enthusiatic partners. Bella and Jack are all my own work and have never been ridden by anyone else.


Bella, Grace and Jack

Bella aged 6

Bella aged 6

Treat Delivery

Jack aged 7

Jack

Monday 10 November 2008

I am SO, SO, SO pleased with Grace!!!! I haven't changed the title to my blog as I never really thought that Grace would make a dressage horse, but now I think that I should!

We had our third ridden schooling session today and I can't believe how quickly she is tuning into me and understanding what I am trying to achive. We have just started to try some ridden lateral work and it is making the world of difference to her balance, softness and attentiveness. She has always been rather impatient and tends to rush everything, and is just starting to slow down, wait for me and use her body in a more contolled way.

I have LOTS of pics from today, beginning in typical Gracie style; paying no attention to her rider and admiring the scenery (her nose looks a bit fuzzy because she is a slight headshaker and wears a nosenet):



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a clicker training addict and there is no cure - thank goodness!!!