This is the story of my quest to train my three Dales Ponies for classical dressage, primarily by using Alexandra Kurland's clicker training methods, with a touch of others such as Philippe Karl and Anja Beran thrown in. I turned to clicker training because I had come up against some issues that I didn't know how to fix and because I wanted to inspire them to become enthusiatic partners. Bella and Jack are all my own work and have never been ridden by anyone else.


Bella, Grace and Jack

Bella aged 6

Bella aged 6

Treat Delivery

Jack aged 7

Jack

Friday 23 January 2009

Russell's Story.

I've begun Russell's blog, if anyone is REALLY short of reading material!

http://russell-helen.blogspot.com/

No photos yet but I'm working on it.

6 comments:

  1. Blimey Helen - you are amazing! Don't know where you find all the information/clips and time for such insightful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eta - maybe I should do 'Hylo's story' one day......

    Tig's story is fairly unusual but I do think Hylo's has been something else, particularly as I thought we'd never ever bond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please do, I'm dying to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit Helen you've done it again,now I can't wait for the next part of Russell's blog. Won't ever get any housework done at this rate. Please note how it's the house being neglected & not the horse that springs first into my mind,got my priorities in order oh yes .

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMO it is not possible to be a good horsewoman and being a good housekeeper. It is just plain wrong. One or the other but not both ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much Maryka! I only write blogs so I don't have time to do the housework.

    Muriel, I'm going to quote you there from now on;

    "I'd love to spring clean the house but unfortunately I need to become a good horsewoman so I just can't, sorry!"

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a clicker training addict and there is no cure - thank goodness!!!